Now its easy to swap your Ford 429-460 engine into a 1965-1979 two wheel drive Ford pickup!
Fits F-150, F-250 and F-350.
Fits two wheel drive models only.
Easy bolt in installation, no welding required.
(Not for use with Lincoln engines).
HOW THEY INSTALL:
1. Remove any old engine frame mounts from the frame of the truck.
2. Remove stock Ford motor mount pads from the 429 or 460 engine to be installed, if they are present.
3. Install the steel motor mount plate directly to the 429-460 engine block where the stock Ford motor mount pads were previously located using the 3/8"-16 X 3/4" bolts supplied. (These steel plates have three holes in them).
4. Install the yellow bushings into the end of the tubes on the frame mount mount brackets. If you can't push them in by hand, use a vice with wood blocks on each end and press the grommets into the tubes.
5. Note that one of the frame mount brackets is longer than the other. The long one goes on the left side (drivers side) of the engine. Install the longer frame mount bracket to the left side (drivers side) of the engine and the shorter frame mount bracket to the right side (passenger side) of the engine using the 9/16" X 4" bolts and teflon lock nuts supplied. Do not tighten at this time.
6. Drop the engine into the engine bay with the complete mounts assemblies installed on the engine. When engine is in place, swing frame mount backets up to frame and determine the correct positioning. The they do not line up to the frame configuration, you may have them upside down. You may have to remove them, turn them over and reinstall to the motor mount plates. Once in the correct position, scribe around the outside perimieter of the frame mount plates on the frame of the truck. Do not install bots at this time.
7. Remove the engine from the chassis. Remove the frame mount plates from the engine by removing the 9/16" x 4" bolts. Reposition the frame mount brackets to the frame of the truck within the previously scribed ares. Drill required holes in the frame of the truck within the previously scribed areas. Drill required holes in the frame and install frame mount plates to frame using the 3/8"-16 X 1" bolts and teflon lock nuts: Do not tighten at this time.
8. Reinstall the engine into the chassis and hook up the frame mount brackets to the engine brackets again using the 9/16"-12 X 4" bolts and teflon lock nuts. supplied. Now tighten all bolts. Install transmission and complete the conversion.
HOURS: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday - Friday Eastern Standard Time
We welcome CANADIAN customers! For ordering information, click on "Orders To Canada" at the top left side of this page.
We will not ship to freight forwarding - expediting companies.
PAYMENT METHODS: PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, money orders.